Saturday 12 March 2016

Two peas in a pod baby shower

Best of friends in the making

I don't usually organise events for myself and am pretty quiet when it comes to all eyes on me. But I was expecting twins for goodness sake, how could I not go all out and celebrate this? I planned my baby shower with help from my mum one month before my twin due date at a local French inspired restaurant called Maison Mes Amis. The venue was a no brainer, I frequently visit this place for naughty snacks and the cocktails there, mmm. 


I invited family and friends for afternoon tea, some games, laughs and prosecco (much to my disapproval). I am so pleased I decided to have a baby shower I loved the day and will remember it forever. I didn't have a theme as such, I would however call it 'Two peas in a pod' with a hint of classic vintage. 




The table confetti, elephant paper napkins, cake toppers and 'Advice for the parents' guestbook were from the Little One Baby Shower range from Ginger Ray. I got twin baby balloons from eBay and the cake was made by a friend of a friend. I gave Yankee Candle 'Soft Blanket' votives as favours. 




We played 'Guess the size of the bump' with a tape measure, everybody guessed bigger than I was (you bad rascals). Winner - my mum of course. Other games we played included: Celebrity baby name game, baby word search, baby word scramble and wishes for baby from Etsy


Thank you from the bottom of my heart to everybody who came, a couple of friends travelled a long way and I love you for it! And thank you for all of the gorgeous gifts, we were so overwhelmed.

xoxo

Next: Read about my labour story 

No comments:

Post a Comment